Have you been seeking an uncomplicated, natural skincare routine to fit with your busy lifestyle? Facial oils are rapidly gaining mainstream attention because of the benefits they offer to a variety of skin types. The simplicity of applying an oil to cleanse, improve, and hydrate your skin may sound too good to be true, but it’s not!
The word ‘oil’ used to carry a negative connotation in skincare– and that’s because many mainstream products contain petroleum-based products that can do more harm than good. The truth is there are many plant-based oils that can help you achieve a healthy complexion for life. Let’s look at the three main reasons you may want to consider facial oils as part (or all) of your skincare routine.
You’re Looking for Anti-Aging Benefits- Time is not our only enemy when it comes to the fight against aged skin. While genetics have a role in how well we age, there are outside forces that influence our skin’s natural abilities to protect us from lines and wrinkles. Free-radicals coming from pollutants in our environment cause an assault on your skin’s molecular structure. (Want to get the full-scoop on anti-aging? Check out Anti-Aging Guide.)
The antioxidants found in the natural ingredients of facial oil work to fight against free-radical damage. Oils that work fabulously against fine lines include those that are rich in vitamins A & E. Argan and Evening Primrose oils are packed with antioxidants, Omega-6 fatty acids, and linoleic acid. Research shows that when applied to the skin, they ease inflammation while moisturizing the skin. When applied externally, tocopherol from vitamin E helps to boost cell production while promoting healthy skin and hair.
Another excellent source to consider is grapeseed oil as it’s the lightest of oils and virtually odorless. It contains vitamins, minerals, and is high in polyunsaturates and protein. Grapeseed oil is an effective, non-greasy emollient with good absorption.
Along with wrinkles, dark spots and hyperpigmentation are additional concerns for aging skin. Thankfully there are several essential oils that are excellent for lessening their appearance. These include frankincense, evening primrose, and rosehip seed oil.
You’re Looking for the Best Care for Extra-Dry Skin- A hydrated face is one that retains water well. Facial oils act as barriers for retaining your skin’s natural moisture balance. The important thing to remember is what oil you’re using. Many mainstream moisturizers claim to lock-in hydration, but they’re using petroleum-based products to do so. (Want to know why you never want petroleum or paraben-based products on your skin? Check out the details on our Dirty Dozen list.)
Got winter skin woes? Facial oils guard against cold, dry air that saps the moisture from your face without any unnecessary additives. Oils that are high in Omega 3 fatty acids are excellent for those who battle dry skin in the winter or year-round. Oils containing hyaluronic acid plump and replenish moisture loss. Look for the following oils when you need serious hydration and protection: coconut, rosehip seed, olive, sunflower, argan, maracuja, and squalene.
You’re Looking to Break Away from Breakouts- It may seem counter-intuitive to add more oil to breakout-prone skin. However, the right oils can help your skin control the balance needed to prevent and control acne or other irritating skin problems, such as rosacea.
Your skin naturally produces sebum and lipids to protect and prevent water loss. An overproduction of sebum leads to breakouts. Harsh acne treatments that are loaded with salicylic acid or retinoids can severely dry your skin, which triggers further sebum production. This becomes a vicious cycle that can be extremely frustrating if you suffer from acne.
For some, using jojoba oil with essential oils that are anti-inflammatory and antibacterial prove to be an effective acne treatment. Jojoba contains protein, minerals and a waxy substance that mimics collagen. It can help dry or oily skin. If your skin has an overproduction of sebum, jojoba oil will dissolve clogged pores and restore the skin to its natural pH balance.
Along with jojoba, tea tree oil fights against acne-causing bacteria. However, tea tree alone can be too strong. It is important to test your skin, to ensure that it can tolerate tea tree oil. Pairing tea tree and jojoba oils with lavender and chamomile aid in soothing skin flare-ups.
KIND solutions for Simple Skin Care
All Things Facial Oil- This miraculous oil really is “all-things” – It’s a make-up remover, a cleanser, a moisturizer, and an anti-aging serum all-in-one bottle!
Loaded with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging ingredients, this serums goes to work on your skin immediately. It cleanses, moisturizes, and protects one of your biggest assets in the simplicity of one step. Friendly for ALL skin types, the only thing our All Things Facial Oil leaves behind is a radiant glow.
- It quenches dry or mature skin and balances normal to oily skin.
- Jojoba (pronounced ho-ho-ba) & Meadowfoam Seed Oils act most like your skin’s natural sebum and moisturizes without clogging pores.
- Argan, Evening Primrose & Grape Seed oils contain loads of antioxidants and fatty acids which give skin a natural boost and induce a more youthful appearance.
- For super-dry skin, mix a couple of drops in your hand with our Rosewater Creme.
- Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Gluten-Free, Irritant-Free
Cleanse the day away by wiping the oil over your face with a cotton pad or tissue until it comes clean. Apply a fresh layer of oil as your moisture and anti-aging treatment. While you sleep, powerful antioxidants are doing some butt-kicking against the damage of nasty free-radicals that threaten your skin.
In the morning, apply oil as needed. Drier skin will benefit from a little more, oilier skin will do fine without it. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
- Grapeseed Oil: Contains vitamins, minerals, high in polyunsaturates and protein. An effective, non-greasy emollient with good absorption.
- Jojoba Oil: Resembles human sebum; the natural coating our body produces to protect the skin and keeps it supple. Jojoba is perfect for any skin type and is hypoallergenic and pure.
- Evening Primrose Oil: An emollient that helps makes the skin feel softer and smoother, keeps skin healthy, and helps repair sun-damaged and mature skin.
- Argan Oil: Rich with vitamin A and vitamin E, packed with antioxidants, Omega-6 fatty acids, and linoleic acid. It eases inflammation and helps to boost cell production.
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil: An exceptionally stable, emollient natural oil–high in naturally occurring tocopherols (Vitamin E) that helps revitalize skin to stay hydrated longer.
and these beneficial essential oils…
- Frankincense: Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and skin imperfections such as discoloration and dark spots. It also stimulates the growth of new cells.
- German Chamomile: Penetrates deeply into your skin where its potent anti-inflammatory action can restore and soothe irritation.
- Geranium: Eliminates dead cells, tightens the skin, promotes cell regeneration, and reduces inflammation.
- Clary Sage: Excellent for all skin types, soothing, and anti-inflammatory. It helps balance the skin’s natural sebum production, helping reduce breakouts.
Tea Tree Rx Zit Zap– When pesky pimples pop up, reach for our Zit Zap and say goodbye to acne anxiety. Because no one likes a breakout.
Popping pimples irritates your skin. It can cause further breakouts or scar. Our Zit Zap is designed to soothe your skin in a hurry by getting to the source of the problem. A powerful dose of tea tree essential oil kills bothersome bacteria. Roman & German chamomile reduce redness and inflammation.
This amazing little roll-on is one mighty pimple potion if we do say ourselves!
- Apply our Zit Zap to your blemishes up to three times a day to zap those annoying zits in a hurry.
- Highly prized essential oils balance sebum production to make your complexion clear.
- No skin-stripping harsh chemicals involved!
- Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Gluten-Free, Irritant-Free
The verdict on Facial Oils
Your natural skincare doesn’t have to be over-complicated. But it’s not one-size-fits-all. Facial oils are an easy way to maintain healthy, radiant skin. But they’re not the only way. The best way to get your skin to look and feel as beautiful as you are on the inside is to start with KIND. We will listen to your concerns and offer you a KIND solution that fits your needs, skin type, and lifestyle.